I am passionate about studying the way we live in our bodies. Many people experience pain on a daily basis doing simple things such as sitting, standing or walking. Are human beings poorly designed? Or do we live in culture that doesn’t support how we are actually meant to move, stand and sit? It has been my experience that when our posture is in good shape, gravity supports us in such a way that makes being in our bodies feel effortless. This is the goal: effortless living. For me, Rolfing has been the only thing that even comes close to addressing this issue and with it I’ve seen incredible results, not only for my clients here in Northwest Portland, but also for myself. I am so excited to share this powerful and transformative process with those who believe that living in our bodies should be a joyful experience.
- Licensed massage therapist since 2003. Experience includes work at the exclusive Montage Resort (Laguna Beach) and with a cycling team on the Tour de France.
- Private Rolfing practice in Portland, OR since 2009.
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Licensed and insured in the state of Oregon (License #16908)
- Nationally certified by NCBTMB
- Member, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy, 2003
- The Rolf Institute, 2007
- BA in Environmental Studies and Anthropology, Oberlin College, 2001
Completed continuing education trainings
- Neural Mobilization for the Shoulder and Pelvic Girdles
- Neural Mobilization part II
- The Pelvis
- The Ankle & Knee
- Core Synchronism